Thursday, January 7, 2016

Real Stories: Its Called One Woman Show

Its a True Story of Priyanka Chugh who decided to do something of her own – something which would symbolize unity in diversity of India. She wanted to incorporate the designs from heritage, cultures and traditions of this country into clothes that we wear and love and she did it. Lets read her inspirational story.
“Through my schooling and graduation, I had identified my inclination towards crafts and design. While coming back from Italy after my final degree, I had decided to do something of my own – something which would symbolize unity in diversity of India. I wanted to incorporate the designs from heritage, cultures and traditions of this country into clothes that we wear and love. That’s why it came up to Ek Taara.

As much as this name delighted anyone with positive vibes when they heard it, they went to ask about the difficulties I would’ve been facing to start something from scratch in a city I haven’t stayed in. Right from shifting the house, meeting various vendors, dealing with works to tapping new target markets – I did it all by myself. Even became the model for my own apparels. I faced rejections and stares but I held my head high and didn’t cringe in doing any task. I even made my car like a second home. I still came across people who enquired just about life, love and other issues without paying heed to the hard work I am putting in the accomplishment of a goal.
Apparently, I didn’t let them get to my head, took a deep breath, meditated, managed a control over my own mind and dealt with patience and calmness. If my own peace would have been affected, the work on the clothing would reflect it too, which would further cause mix-match of personal, emotional and professional lives. So in chaos, I just remembered how I’ve always managed myself on my own and the first apparel designed by myself served as a good uplifting inspiration to me.”
- See more at: 
http://lifeomedia.com/real-stories-its-called-one-woman-show

No comments: